Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops
- 1 cup Don Q Gran Añejo rum
- 2 cups Don Q Gold rum
- 1 stick Butter or margarine
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Diced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 Diced Vidalia or sweet onion
- ½ cup Sliced green onions
- 1 cup Merlot or earthy Cabernet Sauvignon
- 6-8 Medium-sized lamb chops
- 1 cup Diced andouille or other spicy smoked sausage
- PROCEDURE: Marinate lamb chops in Don Q Gold Rum overnight in refrigerator. If desired, rub meat with a grilling seasoning or rub, avoid using a BBQ seasoning/rub. Grill to desired temperature; medium rare or medium provides richest flavor. In a saucepan, melt stick of butter and sugar. Add mushrooms, diced sausage and Vidalia onion. Cook over medium heat until onion starts to caramelize. Add Worcestershire sauce and wine while continuing to stir. Bring to a low boil and then add Don Q Gran Añejo Rum. Simmer and reduce for about 2 hours until it thickens, stirring periodically and then portion over grilled lamb chops. Garnish with sliced green onions and serve.
- More info...